Learn how to build advanced, modern iOS applications with polished user interfaces on top of industry-standard frameworks.
This nanodegree program is the most efficient curriculum to prepare you for a job as an iOS Developer. Participants in the program will learn:
- MVC architecture and why it's important when developing apps
- How to build sophisticated and polished user interfaces with UIKit components
- How to implement common frameworks used by iOS developers
- How to implement Core Data for local persistence of an object structure
- Use of external APIs to make use of data from other companies
They will work with their peers and advisors to develop apps approved by leading employers as the critical indicators of job-readiness. We designed these projects with expert iOS Developers, iOS Engineers, and hiring managers.
What is a Nanodegree?
A Nanodegree is a new type of credential, designed to prepare you for a job.
It is built with industry for you to master skills that employers truly seek in an iOS Developer.
It is project-based: you'll complete several projects, supported by our community of Coaches and your fellow students, to learn and show off your skills.
It's flexible: take only the courses you need to ace projects!
See how it works
Why Take This Nanodegree?
The amount of internet traffic accessed by mobile devices continues to increase year over year. As a result, the number of iOS Developer jobs increases to meet this demand.
By working with leaders in the industry, we've carefully cultivated the most efficient set of projects and skills training to prepare you for a career as an iOS Developer.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- You are self-driven and motivated to learn. Participation in this program requires consistently meeting the deadlines set for your cohort and devoting at least 10 hours per week to your work.
- You can communicate fluently and professionally in written and spoken English.
- You are willing to contribute to the success of the program, including collaborating with fellow students and giving us feedback on how we can improve.
iOS Developer Nanodegree Specific Requirements:
- Prior object-oriented programming experience, in any object-oriented language
- Strong understanding of programming concepts like variables, if statements, and loops, as well as object-oriented programming concepts like functions and classes
- Access to a Mac computer running OS X 10.9 or later
- Access to an iOS device running iOS 8 or later
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.